Sunday, November 3, 2013

Oct 21, 2013 He got his VISA

We have great news....Connor received his Visa on Friday, Oct 18th, but he couldn't tell us until his pday on the 21st.  He let us know through an email that comes through as a text.  I read it at work and got really excited.  He was pretty excited, too.  He has had some great experiences in Utah, but it is time for him to head to Argentina!!! So that means a phone call on Monday, the 28th.

Well anyways. This week was a fairly strange week. On Tuesday one of the other Elders got sick and so they asked me to go stay at home with him. So I sat and watched Mormon messages all day long until 5pm. While I was there my companion went out with the district leader and they put someone on date and had a "lesson" with our investigator Maria Castro and her husband. Basically my companion just told them they needed to be married. And he said it got pretty intense and at the end he wouldn’t look him in the eye. But we have gone by since and there is no hard feeling... well yet at least. But still they haven’t gotten married yet or even brought it up so I’m not sure what is going to happen there.

Thursday was Elder Hall’s birthday. We went to KFC for lunch. And then we had an exchange. So Elder Hall went with the district leader to the English assignment and Elder green (who doesn’t speak any Spanish) came to our area to work Spanish assignment. So basically I had a whole day by myself. Surprisingly I did pretty well. We taught a lesson to some kids that are going to be baptized. They speak English and Spanish and so I and Elder Green both taught but when I was talking it was in Spanish and he taught in English. I thought it went fairly well, until after I realized I missed a bunch of parts but its okay! Haha. We got a lot of work done and I set up a lot of lessons for future days so I’m pretty proud of myself. One of the days we got to eat dinner with a ward mission leader that went on his mission to Argentina and married a woman from Argentina. And so she made empanadas and a bunch of other stuff and we almost spent 2 hours talking about Argentina! It was really fun! It was bad because we shouldn’t have spent that much time there but its okay! It was really funny because Argentinians are known for being very prideful. And she would talk and be like Argentina has the best beef. And the best Dulce de Leche and other stuff like that and she’s like I’m not saying that cuz I’m prideful it’s just the truth. Because the dairy is so much better in Argentina. It was really funny. I told her this joke and she got a really kick out of it. "Why do Argentinians go up to their roof during a lightning storm? Because they think God is taking pictures of them!" haha!

Anyways. Wed I got a call from mission President. Basically he said that Spencer can’t come up here to see me. He said it’s written pretty strictly in the Mission Pres handbook that missionaries can’t see or work with siblings. And he said that if he expects his missionaries to be obedient that he should be too. So that kind of sucks. But oh well. I'll see him in 20 months. But hey! I don’t remember if I told you this but my goal was to be in Argentina by the End of October! And I was right! Boom! I am so good! Oh also! When I am down in Argentina DO NOT send me packages. What happens is the Argentina Government opens up the packages and goes through them, Puts a price on each thing in there and I have to pay that amount. So say you send me down a $200 camera, they will charge me $200 in order to get my mail. So it is so much better to just put money on my debit card. Also. They will steal things. Even if it is just like a birthday card with money in it. They will open up the letter and take money out of it. It sucks. But that’s how things are down there. So if there is anything you need to get to me before I leave, send it like today!!

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! I can’t wait till mine! Haha! But it will be with Spencer’s baby in stead of Lauren’s. Or maybe both! Haha! Anyways. Yeah I’m not sure how calling is going to work. I have a calling card. But I don’t know any details about it. Like if I am going with a group or if we will have time at the Airport. All I know is that I have to be at the mission office at 7am, and that I can have 2 bags under 50 lbs., that one will be hard. Ill probably be sending stuff home. Like my back pack/ I have to get a side bag, I’m going to look at Walmart today but if I can’t find one I will look in Argentina. Idk. Guess we'll just figure it out on the way.


Super funny. So President called me on Friday at 9am right after Personal Study. I was still praying when he called. He said, "I am looking at an itinerary for you to go to Argentina" It was awesome! We talked for like another 3 minutes about what I need to do. And then I called my old companions Elder Julian and Toborg. They were like that’s awesome but we got to go do Comp study. So I hung up. Then I realized that I had Elder Roberts phone number (the Other Elder going to Argentina that is from Draper) I was going to call and ask if he got his and either rub it in his face if he didn’t have it or congratulate him. Haha. His companion answered and I asked if I could talk to Elder Roberts. He sounded confused but was like ooookkk? And in the back round I hear "Give it to me". Then Elder Julian gets on the Phone and is like what the freak are you doing! This is companion study! Get back to work! I was like what? You are having companion study with them? Oh and did he get his visa? Yes he did, He is freaking excited, go back to work! Haha! It was pretty funny! But yeah so I’m guessing that everyone in this mission will be headed down together! Basically I’m just super excited! Love ya ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment