Sunday, November 3, 2013

October 14, 2013 Taylorsville The Tracks.....

Hila!

That’s cool that Spencer is going home! Crazy! I’m a little jealous! When I get down to Argentina I won’t be jealous anymore though. So the other day I got a call from the mission office telling me that I need to go down there on Monday at 10 because all visa waiters need to be refingerprinted, and so I went and did that this morning. There was about 12 of us, and it took forever just sitting in the waiting room at the police station. Some of the sisters had been in the mission 6 months plus. And we heard rumors that when you go to get fingerprinted it meant that you were getting close. And so they were all made that us Elders that have only been in the field for 2 months were there. But we'll see what happens.

So I got funny stories this week. So quick to answer questions yes it is getting cold. It has snowed once on us but it didn’t stick. And it rains super often! So we were riding our bikes home to go get food. A lot of times we get the food dropped off at our house or something like that and we have to drive through a church parking lot to get home and as we were riding through I saw a weird green bug on the floor. So my companion turned around to look at it and as I turned around my bike slid and it just slid out from under me and I landed right on my belly. Nothing hurt. It was all pretty Graceful. I just kind of landed on the floor haha! I got pictures. It was really funny and quite fun but I wasn’t going to try it again! =P

2nd funny story! We are riding our bikes kind of towards where we were having dinner on Saturday (Everything bad happens around dinner time apparently!) so as we are riding along I just hear this LOUD BANG!!! And suddenly I feel a gust of wind and smoke come up in-between my legs! I knew exactly what had happened. My back tire just exploded. There is this Giant hole in it, I didn’t run over anything. It just randomly exploded. And so we have been walking and begging for rides everywhere. My companion says there is a bike shop that will come pick up the bike. Fix it all up and everything and all I have to pay for is the cost of materials. For missionaries they don’t charge for labor. Just my companion hasn’t done it yet. I don’t know why. So when we got to dinner we were eating with what seemed like a single guy. Super nice and we had a Great conversation. But he asked us where we wanted to go and my companion said Fortune Buffet. Which you could imagine was just a Chinese buffet and so we all ate way too much and we all just felt like throwing up and taking a nap! Only difference was that he could go take a nap and we still had 2 hours to work! And had to walk our bikes home from the furthest point from our home! Haha! Good times!

Next I’m going to talk more about food. So one dish that is very popular in Venezuela is called Arapas. They are a tortilla. But not one of those flat tortillas. It’s a thick one. And they cut into it and they put food inside. Meat, Lettuce, butter, sauce, etc. Anything they want! They are SUPER good! I took a picture of some that we ate! It was really fun at that house cuz they were helping me with my Spanish. They didn’t give me time to think I would just talk and whenever I said something wrong he would correct me and then finish the sentence haha! Super nice guy he is in the Young Men’s.

So Sunday night we got to take the Rubio’s family to Temple Square. We were really struggling with finding a ride. But we found a ride for our investigators. They brought the whole family. So there is Emilio and Raquel.  They are the parents. They are on date for this Sunday. And their son Alejandro and his wife Maria. And they had their 3 kids with them. So we found them a ride and me and my companion were going to take the tracks(basically the light rail). When we got on the tracks we got a call from the people who were going to take them and they thought that there was going to be 2 cars and they planned on taking the whole family. So we weren’t exactly sure if they would be able to take them and we were getting on the tracks anyways. So the family took both of their cars and they just brought everyone! There was 14 of us with like 5 little kids! Haha it was crazy! So the Tour went really well. It was bad cuz they thought it was supposed to be in English. And so they sent us English sisters. But one of them was like its okay I’m from El Salvador I speak Spanish. So it went over really well and the other sister just kind of hung out haha! But it went really well and we put Alejandro and Maria on date for the 27! Whoo! So after wards we had planned on taking the tracks. We sent them off and started walking to the station. We looked for the schedule to see when the next one was. A train pulled up. It was a blue train going to draper and we needed to go to west valley on the green train so we let it go. We found the schedule. And that was the last train that ran on Sunday night!!! On every night it runs till midnight. Except for Sunday! So we were stranded in Downtown Salt Lake City! We started calling people for a ride but it was 845 and NO one was answering their phones. Finally we called one of the WML (Who is a BOSS) and he said that he could come and get us. So we got home about 920. It was a super intense night but it was a good one.

So one of the nights this week we had to do a Lesson exchange with the zone leaders because they speak Spanish. And so I got to go over to their area for about 2-3 hours. Elder Roberts who is also waiting for his Visa to Buenos Aires Norte used to be companions with these zone leaders (same situation I was in) and he just got transferred out to my old zone. so while I was with Elder Birch we talked in Spanish the whole time and we taught a inactive lady and talked to one of their investigators and when he dropped me off he told his companion that he was mad at himself because my Spanish was WAY better than elder Roberts and that he failed as a trainer. And he just kept talking about how good my Spanish is. And a lot of people have said how good my Spanish is compared to our people at 3 months in. So that’s pretty cool! =P


So just a quick report about our investigators. Maria Castro. She fell off date because she didn’t come to church. She still needs to be married but we are going over there to talk to them tonight. And she works on Sunday at a Swap Meet and it closes when it gets cold and so once it closes she will be able to start coming to church! Then we have the Aburtos. They are 2 kids. We haven’t gotten in to talk to them but they were on date until they didn’t come to church. The mom is less active and the dad is non member. Basically from now on we aren’t going to let the parents stand in the way of those kids salvation. And so we are going to send members to pick them up for church and try as hard as we can to get into lessons. The parents don’t have a problem with the kids getting involved, it just seems like they don’t want to do anything. So we will be seeing them soon. Hopefully good things happen! Hope things go well this week! Love ya! I pray for all of ya every day!  

 The Mission Home Borrowed Bike had a Blow Out!

Arapas A Venezuela Tortilla Sandwich
 Wait Elder, I see a Cool Green Bug

 Rubio's Trip to the Salt Lake Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment