Sunday, August 25, 2013

August 4, 2013 Happy 25th Anniversary

Hey Mom & Dad,

Happy Anniversary!
I didn’t really know what to get you from the Missionary Store, so I found a card and this picture.  When I bought it, I was right there in the Book of Mormon and I really enjoy what it says and what King Benjamin says to his people.  In Mosiah 4:1-3 it talks about how the Spirit of the Lord came upon them.  I really liked that because there was no doubt they trusted in him, trusted in the Lord and they got that confirmation right away!  I encourage you to read the scriptures everyday, personally and as a family and pray and ask God if what you read is true.  That is something that we can do everyday.  The Lord will bless your lives SO much, even more that He already has.  I love the Articles of Faith.  They are so simple and wonderful.  I encourage you to get some pass along cards with the Articles of Faith on them and use those with your friends.  There is not one person that is too good or not good enough to hear the words of Christ.  Even if you don’t get baptisms, people’s lives will be blessed just by the little words you share.  Missionary work isn’t meant to be pushy or annoying (though it might seem that way).  It is to help other people come unto Christ and have blessings in their lives.  Trust in the Lord.  Pray daily. Read the Book of Mormon daily.  And share your testimony daily.  You don’t need to have the Lord’s name on your chest to have the Lord’s name impressed on your heart!  Love you!  I hope you have a great weekend, I haven’t gotten my reassignment yet.  We got a little letter saying we were suppose to get it Thursday or Friday and it wasn’t there yet.  Today is Sunday and I am checking on Monday.  Wish me luck!

Guarde` la Fe!


Connor Olsen
Dear Mom & Dad

I just wanted to say how much I love you!  I would not be here without the love and support you have given me!  I’m so glad that you are still together.  It strengthens my testimony of marriage that when something doesn’t always work that it isn’t an excuse to give up or quit.  You are great examples and I don’t think it is fair that I got put with the best parents and everyone else has to deal with ordinary.  I just want to tell you that I am working hard and trying to be the best example I can be. My testimony has really grown especially of the power of the Holy Ghost.  Also in the power of simple things!  I know the Church is true.  I know that Christ lives and that through him we can all be cleansed of our sins.  I know the Book of Mormon is true and that it can change lives.  I can’t wait to go out and see the changes it can make in the lives of the people of Argentina.  Joseph Smith is a profeta of God.  I know that Thomas S. Monson is called of God and that although he is the president of the Church, I know that Christ is at the head and directs the Church.  Stay strong!  Enjoy each day.  Come what may and love it. 

Guarde la Fe!  Love Ya!
(AKA the Favorite)

Elder Connor Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment